Thursday, July 16, 2015

Momma Fran: Photo Update

Today Chaplain Olive came the ICU to see Marqus. She gently talked him thru more awful pain. We said prayers she anointed us with oil.
She asked if we knew the ABC prayer
It is thanking God for something in your life starting with each letter of the alphabet . We started with apples , breathing, chewy (the puppy), dogs , and the list kept growing. We talked about Gods wish and plan are not always apparent. Chaplain Olive was so kind and so compassionate while helping us both find hope and good in the midst of pain and uncertainty. She reminds us that thinking about positive instead of lying in wait for next ruthless jab of the Sickle pain helps ease the effects. Just like my friend said the other day replace fear with hope.
The last chapter of our book is not at its end. I have to continue my ABC prayer

Today I tried to go home for a shower and lunch instead I played with our pups even my very old guy found the strength to jump around.
We gave them baths they rolled around in blackberries and looked polka dotted.
I forgot to eat lunch but rendered the shower. I'm sure the ICU staff appreciated that LOL!! And headed back to the hospital.
My husband is cleaning Marqus room. In matter how bad he feels he try's to pick up after himself but the pain wounds dressing treatments medications etc
Are a ton to keep in order.
Martha Stewart would have a nervous breakdown in my house. Lol!
Here's the thing at least we still have a house!!!therefore when I get a chance
I will have more to clean...
Thank you to everyone that's following
This page has been dormant for sometime and we have to change that.
Good night and I will keep the updates going. I'm praying tonight thanking God for my husband whose sense of humor makes smiles and Chaplain Olive whose gentle calm spirit eases the soul.













No comments:

Post a Comment