Thursday, July 23, 2015

Momma Fran: Marqus is out of the ICU

Hello family and friends
Marqus is now on out of ICU!!
He is still in pain but it's more manageable.
His left hip is painful from the AVN
avascular necrosis.
Saturday July 25th is his birthday he will be 32 years old.
Often when we discuss a person we think of their accomplishments such as home ,job ,degrees etc.
Marqus has spent 31 yrs living with A disease that heightens the thoughts of a person's mortality.
I remember once when the kids were small and I had just completed a complicated ER shift they told me I didn't smile anymore.
My kids now adults shared their stories of taking turns to stay awake when I worked the night shift to make sure I came home.
To this day Marqus will care for himself
Even sometimes in distress so as not to wake me. He doesn't want my asthma to flare up.
My son with a condition whose pain and
Damage to the organs is unthinkable is always concerned for others.
We tackle this disease head on
This time I'm reaching out for support
We never complain and just keep going and going so much so that sometimes we forget people do care .
Somewhere in the midst of working to stay alive we fit in living.
Our IV pole makes and excellent clothes rack to dry hand washables.
The medications and supplies have grown quite a bit so I made a spread sheet. We have more medical supplies than furniture that cup is more than half full !!! We are blessed that Marqus has access to quality care.
The hyperbaric boot and concentrator sound like a ventilator pretty good sound effects to play video games to !
And the scooter will be excellent for running the dogs LOL my husband was driving it up and down the street and I do admit it looked awfully funny. No more missed the arboretum , national mall , comic con etc for difficulty walking.
Everyone please know that your support is appreciated !!
Chronic illness can render anyone lonely
Because they are not out and about doing daily things.
The hospital becomes like family and
Medical care to stay alive is top priority.
Health can not be taken for granted
If nothing else is learned from Marqus suffering please be good to your body ,mind and soul .Be sure to stop and relish the small things.
Often I'm bogged down by what I can't
Change its too much and can suck the joy right from my soul. That can not happen. I'm working on staying positive
Even in the face of catastrophe .
My grandson asked me why his Uncle Marqus was so sick
I explained about the sickle cells blocking all of his blood vessels stopping circulation.
He answered in the most matter of fact way.
"Grandma tell them to just take the cells away"
One day that will be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment