Thursday, January 30, 2014

Message from Marqus: To Mom

So my mom is in her final stretch for school. After she finishes she will go on to teach nursing. Who better to teach. A woman who's been a nurse for over thirty some odd years. She work in all areas of nursing. From ER to OR. And to top it off she gives birth to a disabled son. Through it all she has a edge. The foresight she has is going to enhance so many soon to be nurses. I share this with you because it is going to contribute to the sickle cell community. A few years back i had a very traumatic sickle crisis(i think i mentioned it in a old post). When this crisis hit me i had been seizure free about 8 or 9 years. So i had this massive amount of pain in my back, legs, hands, feet, and chest. I barely got outta my bed in time when i did my cuz caught me as i began to have a seizure. I spent close to three weeks in the hospital. That whole thing was caught on film and will be used as a teaching tool. My whole family has kept me alive and well and my mother taught my sister, brother and father what to do to keep me here and now that same wisdom will be put out into the world. I applaud and thank my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment